29 September 2014

We got a camper!!

Ok, so living up in MN it is apparently a thing to go up to the head waters of the Mississippi and camp.  We won't be able to do that this year but maybe next?


We're also going to IL and SC once it's fixed up nice and water tight. 

So here is the big shocker…we got it for FREE!! 
Granted, it has some issues that need to be addressed still. But all in all we are pretty happy with it. Especially because it was free. 
Ok enough of my blabber, here it is.
It's a 1985 jayco. 
My DH is waiting on me to help him put on the last tire. 
Welcome to our Camper. Let me give you a tour. 
This is the Kitchen. It is to the right when you walk into the camper. It needs work all over, but I'm up to the challenge. :) 


There is an oven inside. You could live in this thing full time! I always talked about having a tiny house, but I don't really think it is feasible for us. Still, its nice to think we can do it occasionally in our camper. The top folds down to make a larger work surface too.  Most of the older campers this is broken. So I was really glad to find it still in working order. When it folds up it acts as a backsplash. 








DH was walking around the outside while I was taking pictures. Also the old fabric here makes this cute dinette seating area look tired. No worries, I'll have it spruced up soon enough.

Over the back of the seat there is a small storage space. I'm not sure what  I would want to put in there yet, but once it's all cleaned up maybe. 



DH wants to (of course!) keep the "nice wood look" to the camper. UGH, I agreed to it in the house so here I told him no! I want to make this camper look nice. I can't understand why he wants to keep it all wood. Not to mention that it keeps it looking dark in a small space. I seems to be real wood, and I feel a little bad about it...but not bad enough not to paint it.



The whole kitchen and dining area view. It really needs some elbow grease before anything. Those curtains also...they make me want to hurl. I can't wait to take them down. This small space needs something airy in it. 



Here he is again! That silly husband of mine. I'm also pleased about the sink cover/cutting board being intact still. It looks awful, but even if I just use it for a template for another one I'm good. I'd really like a butchers block or wooden one here. I'll see what I can do about it later.










What is this?? I know what it is really, but LOL. I don't know if it works, but based on everything else in this camper and the way the people took care of everything I really suspect that it still works. I'm not sure if it will be staying or not though. (If it does, at least I can hide it!)


From the kitchen looking into the back of the camper. The fridge is open and blocking the view a little, but you can still see a good bit. Into the living room we go.

Can't you see the potential here?? And look...more wood. That clock is pretty cool. We think it just needs a battery to work. I LOVE all the glass work and the mirrors and the small touches like the clock(above) and the etched glass (left and below) in this camper. I'm suspecting that when it was new, it was top of the line. That couch folds down into a full or queen sized bed (can't remember which right now.)

 This is right next to the main door, but I think it's part of the living room. It would make a cute 'bar area' or just storage for things that need to be grabbed fast. It could be extra towels and/or sunscreen if we're at the beach or lake. And bug spray if we go up to the mountains or in the woods.







Next we see the mirror on the door to the bathroom. Isn't it beautiful? The mirrors and glass in this camper are really pretty. Into the bathroom. It's a little scary still, but we'll have it fixed up soon enough. 
Repairs needed here! This fan and the whole panel needs to be replaced.


Yuck right? It will be fixed up right. This is the first thing that we are doing. 
Strange light and ugly curtains. I alms like the wallpaper...I can't decide yet. What do you think? 
This hurts to look at doesn't it? Lights, curtain and shower curtain all gone!




Right outside of the bathroom is a massive storage area. I think the camper has enough space to sleep 6 people and hold all their stuff in this space. They might be a little cramped for sleeping arrangements, but they could stay if they wanted, or if they were children. 




From the hallway we turn right into the bedroom. The only real bedroom that is in the camper, but it'd just for me and DH and the dogs. We don't really need another one. And once we have children they can sleep on the pull out couch and the dinette set folds down too.

 The headboard idea is cute, but it is now outdated and stained and must be replaced. Along with those curtains.

The biggest problem? There are wasps in between the door and the screen in the bedroom. The glass/plexiglass on the door seems to have a space in it. So that will need to be fixed too. I hate wasps. They have been plaguing us at the house too. In MN they seem to be everywhere.


This concludes our tour of our new (old) camper. 
Come back to see what updates I do to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment